This limited edition Zildjian 400th Anniversary design celebrates the origin of the secret family alloy. In 1618, Avedis I, an Armenian alchemist living in Constantinople, discovered a secret process for treating alloys and applied it to the art of making cymbals of extraordinary clarity and sustain. This proprietary mix of copper, tin and silver is still used in Zildjian cymbals today. The alchemy symbols used in the design represent each of the metals in this secret alloy, arranged in the shape of a cymbal.
- Painted Purple Wood Acorn Tip 5A with Alchemy Design
- Excellent, all-around balance and feel
- Acorn tip for clarity and articulation
- Unique size between 5A and 5B
- Offers more reach and leverage